Opdivo (Bristol-Myers Squibb) is a medicine prescribed by Israeli doctors for the treatment of sicknesses such as:
• Melanoma – in cases where the disease has spread to other organs and can not be removed surgically, or for the purpose of adjuvant therapy (prevention).
• Metastatic non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCL) – in cases where the disease progressed during or after chemotherapy treatment.
OPDIVO shows 50% longer median overall survival vs Chemotherapy* (9.2 vs 6.0 months) in patients with NSCL, according to the study that included PD-L1 Expressors and Non-Expressors.
• Hodgkin’s lymphoma after autologous stem cell transplantation.
Proven in clinical study:
– tumors shrink or disappeared completely in 69% (179 of 258 patients);
– tumors shrink (partial response) in 55% (142 of 258);
– tumors disappeared completely (complete response) in 14% (37 of 258).
The clinical trials are being continued.